Monday, June 22, 2009

New Technique Pigment ink with chalk or What I call the Chalk board technique

This a new technique that our resident teckie taught us. Pat Garvin is such a great teacher and part of a group I belong to called stamping in Florida. once a month we meet at the Scrap and Stamp studio on SR44 just past the walmart. Our group has been in existance for a couple years now. We are all great friends. Using pigment ink stamp your image, heat set a bit then using your chalks or pastels gently dab on the color. Then use the pigment ink again on the same stamp and change the angle of the stamp. Neat affect. Didn't think I would like it at first but it does grow on you.
Card Opened. another of our stampers and members Trishie showed us this neat Tri shutter card. I changed the dimensions just a bit but it is still made the same way. It was much easier than I thought it would be.

Here is another shot of it. On the outer part I didn't stamp it twice just once and used the pastels to color. I love using our scalloped punch from SU with it. The technique works best on dark or black cardstock.


This is what the card looks like closed.



1 comment: