Sunday, February 27, 2011

Visit to the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs

I have lived in Florida all my life and never visited Tarpon Springs.  My friend and bead teacher Marsha asked me to go with her to pick up her friend Terri from Massachusetts at the Airport a few weeks back.  We picked her up and went to a Stamp show in Clearwater and then had lunch in Tarpon Springs which was a new thing for me.  I had my camera along so I thought I would post some pictures to my blog for you to see.   Marsha's sister  Joan went along with and was our very great driver.
Here is one of the big boats

Some gals playing the ukeleles and singing  there were several people playing and singing for tips.

Cool sign

A Hand painted tile wall

Marsha and Terri


Shopping

inside one of the shops

Temptations for my edit (diet)

This is my favorite but I did avoid getting some  What will power!

More delicious temptations in the Bakery


Vendors were everywhereSponge diver in suit

Some Sponges for sale

Blue Fin Cafe

Hope you enjoyed the visit.  I must go back again some day.
Thanks Marsha for asking me to come along.


No comments:

Post a Comment