Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Card inspired by a Friend

Diana Gibbs a friend of mine and a former Stampin' UP! Artisan Award Contest winner and I swapped cards recently at Leadership here is Diana's card below it is so beautiful and I am sure you will agree.  Diana has a real eye for coordinating the right amount of embellishing and has a keen since for color.

She used our new coredinations paper in pool party this paper can be sanded to show a cool design and awesome texture when embossed) combined with our Island Indigo ribbon( just one of 2 colors with buttons) you can get for free with a $50 order during Sale a bration and the Vintage Verses stamp set also available through a $50 purchase through Sale a bration. She coordinated with some very vanilla cardstock and added just a bit of DSP from the Print Poetry Paper stack  and the 5/8 Flower Trim that each sell for $6.95 in our new Spring Mini Catalog. Also Accented with two of our Basic pearls and the beautiful Doilies from the spring mini which are a real bargain at 24 for $2.95

Any way Diana Gibbs inspires me so much. Through her blog and through the years at Stampin UP!  I have seen her around and  thought she was a nice gal.  My first Leadership was in Nashville.  I finally got to connect with her because my roomate for Leadership Cathy Williams was friends with her so we got to hang out. Cathy and I had never met and got along just great.  She is like a big sis and always has one of those great big smiles and hugs to give me. Very Positive type person and definitely the type you'd want to have fun with. Both gals are super and most Stampin' UP! people you meet are..


So here is what I made from what she swapped with me


Everything is pretty much the same except I made the flowers a little darker with the sponge dauber and the Tempting turquoise ink and added a heart from the hearts a flutter stampset and framelets bundle and a whole doily and some rhinestones instead of pearls and changed the placement of the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment